Thoughts Lead To Appreciation
100. Yet, they make jinns Allah’s partners, though He created them (the jinns). On top of that, they fallaciously and without knowledge attribute to Him sons and daughters. Exalted is He High above what they ascribe.
101. He is The Originator of the Heavens and the earth. How can He have a child when He has no consort? He created all things and He concerning everything is fully Knowledgeable.
102. Such is Allah, Your Lord! None is to be worshipped except He, The Continuous Creator of all things. Worship Him. He does dispose of all affairs.
103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is The Delicate, The Well Acquainted.
The theme these Aayaat portray is of Allah The Creator. After teaching us so much of His Knowledge, Allah turns to a new, but continuous topic: Creating. Creating is a fine attribute for One Who has such a Vast Knowledge.
To clear misconceptions of similarity of invisibility between Allah and jinns, Allah is saying, “Look! I created those things! Get it? And, say what you may, your words do not change Who I am.”
To those who attribute offspring to Allah, Allah is saying, “I created those so-called children just as I created you. I created you without a female companion, what makes you think the creation of others was any difficult?”
“And, here is some bad news for you, I am still Creating. I am the Manager of your activities. All I ask is that you worship Me! Is that too much to ask?”
“Do not be the distrustful creature that appreciates only sycophancy and undervalues sincerity, for though you do not see Me at work, I am always with you.”
107. Had Allah willed, they would not have correlated others with Allah. We have not made you a watcher over them nor are you set over them to dispose of their affairs.
Allah is Just and crucial component of His Justice is to provide everyone with a plain playing field. His influence is felt when one inclines or wishes to incline towards goodness. When ones goal is goodness, He assists one to achieve ones goal.
Our preservation and protection is incumbent on Allah, so is the disposal and administration of our affairs. In human terminology, Allah is the Executive Board. Those who pray to or through Prophet Muhammad are hereby warned to desist.
108. Revile not those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest they out of misdirected spite revile Allah. Thus have We made alluring to each nation their practices. In the end their return is to their Lord, for We shall enlighten them of all that they used to do.
Every one of us who possess dignity prefers to give up an argument than to be insulted by anyone.
Allah’s Sovereignty and Majesty is such that even though He Alone should be worshipped, He has instructed us He would not want His Majesty disdained. It is much better to declare Allah’s Splendour and ignore false gods and their worshippers than to risk directing the words of the thoughtless towards Allah. Dignity is truly Allah’s.
I have translated “‘aduwan bi ghayr ‘ilm” misdirected spite, for those who revile Allah take Allah as their enemy out of ignorance, though He intends well for humanity. This is very similar to individuals who are destitute, not in finances but in the ability to identify friends from foes; allies are treated as adversaries and vice versa.
Those engaged in anti Allah activities relish their malevolence and do not hesitate to broadcast their misdeeds. Allah is saying to them: Oh! You are thrilled with those despicable practices of yours, are you? Do not worry! You will come Home to roost and roast!
110. We shall twirl their hearts and their eyes away (from Guidance), as they refused to believe in it the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly.
This is a splendid explanation of the tinted segment of Ayah 107. Misguided individuals chose error over guidance. Allah leaves them in their delusion.
111. Had it been that We sent down to them Angels, and the dead spoke to them, and We summoned everything for them before their very eyes, they still would not be inclined to believe, unless Allah willed, but most of them ignorant.
Allah has used imagery that humanity considers impossible in order to address the large discrepancy between vision and belief: Angels in our midst; the talking dead; everything in the universe in one location.
It is often said, “Seeing is believing.” That is not an absolute Truth. Allah is saying: “Seeing is not necessarily believing.” From our experiences we can confirm that some see and refuse to acknowledge what one sees, for recognition requires a functioning brain to interpret and convey images and sounds accurately.
Let us neither be of those who demand to see and experience everything before belief nor of those who reject facts even after awareness.